The Yamaha MODX Music Synthesizer has a builtin class compliant audio interface which works out of the box under Linux. The audio capabilities are:
- Sampling rate: 44100hz (fixed)
- Analog outputs: 10
- Analog inputs: 4
- MIDI inputs/outputs: 3
Only with the Jack audio system all 10 outputs and 4 inputs can be used with the following settings:
- Sampling rate: 44100 (fixed)
- Frames: 512 / 256 / 128 / 64 / 32 / 16 (the lower the better for latency)
- Buffer: 3 / 2 (the lower the better for latency)
The MODX comes with four MIDI templates for proprietary DAWs, there are three MIDI inputs/outputs:
- 1: Contains notes, controllers and time syncing
- 2: Should be used as a control port to connect a DAW (to a Mackie Control Unit)
- 3: Reserved for future use?
DAW integration has moved here.